Travis Chappell has made it his mission to help a million people cultivate genuine relationships the right way.
He has found that there are two types of people: 1.) Those who think they are networking properly, but are actually really annoying everyone they come in contact with by barfing their elevator pitch, throwing a business card or five in your face, and moving on to the next person (I call that person Networking Ned) and 2.) Those who hate Networking Ned so much that they avoid the practice altogether, for fear of becoming that person.
After publishing over 400 episodes of his show, Build Your Network, Travis has picked up on a few secret techniques and strategies that will help you ditch the fear of networking, avoid becoming Networking Ned, and build genuine relationships that will unlock the next level in your life.
On this Episode
- Travis talks about growing up in a tight knit religious bubble, where he committed to full time ministry at 12. He reflects on the fact that he never had anyone second guess that question.
- Hear how Travis decided to pursue sales instead of ministry.
- Travis explains why earning his first six figures terrified him.
- Learn the genesis of Build Your Network and World Class.
- Hear the lessons about sales success that Travis learned from door-to-door sales.
- Learn how to change your mindset.
- Hear the reason most fail.
3 Key Takeaways:
- Money is a part of the equation of happiness.
- Money doesn’t make a person, the person makes the money.
- Delay gratification.
- “Anytime I even thought about giving up, I turned around and looked at who was watching me.”
- “You’re only a failure when you accept defeat.”
If you’re ready to take yourself and your business to the next level, and are interested in a coaching program that will get you there: pivotpointadvantage.com/iWantSuccess
Join an interactive environment to help you build the success you’ve always wanted with other like-minded, success-driven entrepreneurs, business owners and sales professionals: facebook.com/groups/SellWithoutSelling
Schedule a 15 minute call with Stacey: pivotpointadvantage.com/talktostacey